Main duties (updated) for RDEP
* Contribute to the implementation of strategies and national plans related to protecting the environment in the Kingdom in cooperation and coordination with all concerned parties .
Application of Environmental protection law and the all relevant environmental legislations and participate to develop this legislations .
* To highlight the concept of environmental security and apply the principles and criteria of quality management in the environmental police work .
Assist the authorities in monitoring and control of offences constituting violations of the environment (water, air, soil and biodiversity).
* Provide the necessary support and protection to the stuff of the relevant ministries and governmental departments to protect the environment and nature while carrying out their duties.
* Assist the competent authorities to monitor and control the offenses which constitute a violation of Public Health (Food and medicines issues and any products illegally) and provide the necessary protection to the staff of these authorities while carrying out their duties .
* Implementation of decisions of the competent ministries of conditions that are hazardous to the environment or in emergency situations by imposing environmental fines or closing off specific areas And in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
* Preparation of environmental awareness programs and participation in implemented to enhance the level of environmental awareness to all segments of society and in collaboration with various partners and media .
* Technical inspection of vehicle exhaust to ensure compliance with environmental requirements .
* Assist in monitoring the manufacture of chemicals, stored and traded without get the licenses .